The start of a new year always brings challenges on how to improve your business, new ways of attracting your market and getting the best return on investment for money spent. Channel Mobile has put together some key elements, for you to be ahead of the competitive pack in 2015.
1. Focus on Mobile
Mobile optimization is expected to take a big leap in 2015. Mobile specific content will be created for mobile phones, making your website more responsive in adapting to web design and the different types of advertisements.
– Mobile usage will continue to increase in 2015, finally overtaking desktops with tablets, phones and newer, wearable tech.
– 42% of M-Commerce sales are made through Apps.
– ZenithOptimedia’s analyst says that mobile is growing seven times faster than desktop spend.
2. Micro-targeting (Geolocation marketing)
In 2015, you can expect to see an increase in the ability to micro-target, resulting in a decrease in size of the end audience. Your business will be able to send out exclusive deals to specific individuals based on their location and preference in purchasing habits.
– Target advertisements are, on average, almost twice as effective as non-targeted ads.
– A re-targeted display ad will encourage 1000 more people to search for a product.
– New beacons are being placed all around in certain malls of South Africa making the reality of micro-targeting the next step in shopping.
3. Socialocity Marketing
Social Media marketing will be recognized as one of the pillars of marketing in 2015. It is expected to be used as a solid and effective distribution platform.
– 88% of marketers will use LinkedIn as a solid B2B marketing platform.
– 42% of marketers plan to increase using Instagram this year.
– Linkage with social platforms through mobile Apps and features such as short codes will be on the rise in 2015.
4. Marketing Data
We predict that marketing data will continue to become more detailed, easier and faster to obtain. More companies will seek ways to be “Data Driven”, as tools become available to help them digest and use the data.
– Spending on marketing analytics is expected to increase 60% by 2015.
– The adoption of marketing automation technology is expected to increase by 50% by the end of 2015.
5. Content is key
Content marketing is said to make an even greater impact in 2015.
Money flow PPC, SEO and social media will be allocated to content to get users to interact and inform. Mobile marketing will be key in getting your audience to interact with the content and to be updated on any new information.
– 93% of B2B marketers used content marketing in 2014.
– 42% said they considered their content marketing strategy effective.
– 90% of organizations market using content.
6. Video is here to stay
We predict more companies will commission instructional videos and make them a bigger part of their user experience and lead generation strategy in 2015.
– 75% of executives watch videos at least once a week. 50% watch YouTube. 65% visit the website after viewing a video.
– High quality videos can increase cart size by an impressive 174%.
7. Rewards and incentives
This will be a huge factor in 2015, before taking action, people often wonder what’s in it for them. Using a points and rewards/incentives program helps to:
• Establish two way communication.
• Build engagement.
• Motivate respondents.
• Build loyalty and retention.
– Retailers who employ a loyalty program, on average, are 88% more profitable than competitors who do not.
– Customers enrolled in a loyalty program: visit 2x more often, spend 4x more money and earn 88% high profit.
Using these seven factors in your new 2015 strategy will definitely improve your business.
The key to 2015 will be mobile, and with each of these factors, mobile is essential.
Adapting could mean that you set the pace in the industry. If you do not adapt, you are at risk of falling behind, and losing your clients to your competitors.
Make the right choice in 2015 and talk to us about your Mobile strategy.