What is social media marketing?
What is Social Media Marketing? Social media marketing is the use of social media as a marketing tool, to help expand one’s business. A massive proportion of society, especially young and middle aged people use social media. The aim is to help generate website traffic or attention for a product or service through social media. There are many social networks, which are for people to connect to their social networks and beyond. Facebook is currently the most popular social media network in most countries. The list of the main social media networks are as follows in order of popularity:
Social Media Agencies
Social media platforms are free for anyone to use, and this can be a considerable advantage. However, marketing through social media is best done by professionals. A social media agency is utilized to help the user market through social media. They have the following roles:
- Help format advertising.
- Help content get to the correct target audience.
- Adapt the marketing strategies for the client in real time with changes in social media.
- Helps remove much admin time from the client.
- Help respond to the queries of potential customers through social media.
While this can be done alone, it can take considerable time and expense for a company or person especially when advertising on multiple networks, which is why agencies are typically employed for this purpose and why it is recommended to employ an agent. Channel Mobile is one example of a social media marketing agency.
Advantages of social media marketing are as follows:
- Can reach a large target audience for little cost.
- Typically, does not require licensing fees.
- Great for targeting young audiences especially.
- Can reach around the world with ease.
- Can allow customers to contact a company directly through social media and allow a company to post updates.
- Many people install ad blockers, but this typically does not block out social media advertising.
Disadvantages of social media marketing are as follows:
- Most of the older generation do not use social media so it can exclude a whole generation without other methods of advertising to supplement it.
- Social media is a changing landscape and keeping up with it can be difficult, for this reason an agency should be employed.
This article has discussed the question of “what is social media marketing”, and social media marketing agencies. Social media is an emerging trend which gained much traction in the late 2010s. It is an ever changing landscape. It has many advantages, such as being able to reach a large audience, especially young to middle aged. It can also get around the frequent use of ad blockers that many install, which can render many forms of internet advertising moot.
Social media marketing is a great advertising option and is one that should be considered by a company. It is crucial to employ an agency for best results, and it can be very rewarding for a company. It should not completely replace other forms of advertising, due to the older generation who may not use social media.
Click here for Channel Mobile’s social media marketing offers.