WhatsApp Broadcasting is a great tool for businesses looking to reach large numbers of customers without sending thousands of individual messages. Whether it’s to inform customers about a discount, promote a new product, or send out shipping updates. You can now keep your customers up-to-date via their favourite communication channel.
This article will guide you through all the aspects of WhatsApp Broadcasting, and we’ll discuss the following topics:
- WhatsApp Business App vs WhatsApp Business API
- What is a WhatsApp Broadcast message?
- Template Messages
Let’s dive into WhatsApp Broadcasting in some more detail and find out!
WhatsApp Business App vs WhatsApp Business API
It’s important to note that there are two versions of WhatsApp Business that you can use to broadcast messages to multiple recipients.
- WhatsApp Business App
- WhatsApp Business API
1. WhatsApp Business App
The WhatsApp Business App is a great platform for small business’ communications, but it has many limitations:
- WhatsApp Broadcast sending limit to a maximum of 256 contacts
- Accessible only across 5 devices
- No smart segmentation or messaging analytics
- Stand-alone: no CRM integration
- Recipients on your broadcast list who haven’t saved your number to their contacts, won’t receive your message.
2. WhatsApp Business API
The WhatsApp API launched with the objective of helping larger businesses communicate with their customers via WhatsApp. The API has revolutionised the way businesses communicate with their customers with the help of 3rd party integration. The WhatsApp Business API expands the possibilities for broadcasting. With it, you can:
- Broadcast messages to an unlimited number of unique users
- Message templates can be personalized with placeholders like [name], [order #] etc
- Simultaneously communicate with multiple customers
- Automate answering incoming messages with chatbots, auto-replies, and quick-replies
- Provide 24/7 customer support with both live agents and automation
What is a WhatsApp broadcast message?
A WhatsApp broadcast message is sent from a single WhatsApp account, to multiple phone numbers at the same time. While it looks like you’re messaging a group, they will receive the message as a private message. Recipients of the broadcast can’t see that the message was broadcasted, and all broadcast replies are visible only to you, avoiding the chaos of group chat replies.
To send a broadcast message via the API, you’ll have to use template messages. The templates can be personalized with placeholders like [name], [business name], [order number] etc. However – template messages have to be approved by WhatsApp before you can broadcast, as WhatsApp checks if the messages abide by their commerce policy.
WhatsApp Business broadcasting use cases
To give you a better idea of how you can use WhatsApp Business broadcasting, listed are a couple of handy examples below:
- Back-in-stock alerts: Alert customers that the product they requested is now in stock again.
- Send WhatsApp newsletters: Share the latest organization news or products with opted-in customers.
- Status updates: Advise customers when your website is unavailable due to issues or planned maintenance.
- Upsell and cross-sell messages: Send cross-sell and upsell messages before and after the sale to increase your chances of boosting sales.
- Event invitations: Send event invitations to drive engagement and create memorable experiences with your guests.
- Travel or leisure updates: Send customers information about a gate change, check-in times at the hotel, or what colour outfit their tour guide will be wearing at the meeting spot.
WhatsApp Broadcasting with Channel Mobile
Channel Mobile has developed a customer communication platform that enables you to engage with your customers in a safe and reliable way. Multiple team members can log in to the platform to chat to customers using the same WhatsApp number.
Our platform makes it possible to create WhatsApp campaigns and send approved WhatsApp template messages to a list of contacts in 5 simple steps:
- Step 1: Import contacts in bulk via .CSV
- Step 2: Build your audience list
- Step 3: Select a pre-approved WhatsApp message template
- Step 4: Send a personalised bulk message on WhatsApp
- Step 5: Gain insights into your delivery and open rate
Start sending WhatsApp broadcast messages
WhatsApp Broadcast is an amazing feature, especially for businesses where there is a need to send a single message to multiple recipients. Updates, confirmations, reactivation messages can all be sent via WhatsApp Broadcast messages. With only a few clicks, you can message a large segment of customers. And with the WhatsApp message open rate of +90%, they’re bound to lead to conversion.